Saturday, February 4, 2012

A bit about our family

So our adoption story in a few sentences.

After several years of trying to conceive, we needed to make a decision on how to go about building our family. When talking to doctors about fertility treatments, we knew that path was not for us. We set about learning as much as we could about adoption.

We adopted our son in December of 2007. He is the love of our life and turned everything we thought we knew upside down.

Since then, we have made the hard task of becoming debt free a reality. We've committed to remaining debt free, including in our adoptions.

We have been trying to adopt another child since the fall of 2009. In that time, God has done so much in our family and I am beginning to see His purpose in making us wait.

Today I was emailed by a friend about a 15 month baby boy who needs to find an adoptive family.

Until a couple months ago, we had a decent adoption fund in place. However as life goes, we've had to dip into that.

We cannot keep finances from allowing us to explore becoming this little one's family.

As of today, they have no other families interested.

I'll be honest, I have mixed feelings about asking for money. However, many friends have already expressed an interest in helping.

If you would like to help out, you can click on the Chipin link to the right.

More than anything, pray. Pray that Baby M finds the RIGHT family.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying! I wish I could help financially, but I can pray a lot!
    I am excited to see what God does here!
    Sivje

    ReplyDelete